Nevada Undergraduate Research Symposium
Undergraduate Research Poster Conference
Undergraduate Research Summer Poster Session
Other UNR Research Opportunities
- McNair Scholars Program - The Ronald E. McNair Post Baccalaureate Achievement Program is designed to provide research opportunities and other related academic experiences that promote the acquistion of a doctoral degree for first generation, low-income, and underrepresented college juniors and seniors. The McNair program was created by congress in an effort to increase the number of underrepresented persons pursuing teaching, research and administrative careers in higher education.
- Nevada NASA Space Grant Consortium Academic UROP - Scholarships are competitively awarded to support and reward Nevada students for their achievements in academic endeavors related to science, technology, engineering and mathematics. NVSGC support can assist NSHE undergraduate students in pursuing their educational goals that will lead to employment opportunities in industries that rely on a STEM-trained workforce that are relevant to both NASA and Nevada's workforce needs.
NASA Nevada Geobiology Summer Short Course (NASA Space Grant) - A two-week, research-based course was developed and implemented during the summer of 2010 to train undergraduate and graduate students, as well as highly qualified K-12 science teachers on microbial consortia in Nevada-specific environments. Participants became engaged in research on life in hotsprings, rocks (cryptoendoliths), snow, caves and highly stratified lakes. Much of the research was tied to ongoing research projects by NASA scientists and principle investigators seeking to better understand the limits of life on earth and the unique geochemical signatures that microbes impart on their environments. A unique aspect of the course has been the engagement of science teachers that are helping to develop strategies for translating high-end research and findings into lesson plans for K-12 education.
- NEESreu Summer Program - The NEES REU program is a dynamic, 10-week summer research program for upper division undergraduate students interested in Civil Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering, and other fields related to seismic risk mitigation testing. REU participants are paired with a faculty advisor, join a NEES research team, and participate in four enrichment activities including attending the NEES Annual Meeting and the Young Researchers' Symposium. Mentors, including university faculty, researchers, and graduate students, provide support and guidance to interns. Students are taught how to conduct independent research and how to participate effectively as a member of a research team. Interns receive a $5,000 stipend.
- Nevada IDeA Network for Biomedical Research Excellence (NIH INBRE) - The Nevada IDeA Network of Biomedical Research Excellence (Nevada INBRE) is a statewide network of physical and human resources available to scientists in Nevada. Our mission is to provide infrastructure that enables investigators to successfully win research funding. INBRE research core facilities provide research support services, training, and equipment for Nevada's biomedical investigators. We also sponsor research, scholarship and training opportunities for faculty members and students throughout the state with programs such as the undergraduate research opportunities program and the biomedical students' pipeline program.
University of Nevada, Reno - Honors Program - Office of Undergraduate Fellowships
Other Research Opportunities
- CIRRUS - Contains a variety of information and links pertinent to undergraduate research in chemistry